Job Title: Assistant Manager, Direct-to-Consumer Customer Support
Locations: Portland, OR
Reports to: Manager, Customer Support
Stumptown Coffee Roasters believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. Creating a sustainable workplace is at the core of who we are. We’ve worked hard to create a great place to work and are proud of the results. We’re not perfect, but being open to ideas and continually improving things has always been a fundamental part of how we work. We’re the kind of workplace where each of us works hard, has fun and contributes a lot. We value each individual here and feel that everyone plays an important part in making Stumptown….Stumptown, which is our foundation for growing a successful business.
Every day we strive to deliver an extraordinary cup of coffee and experience for Stumptown consumers. The E-Commerce Customer Support team is a central hub for consumer communication and an integral part of our business. We seek a demonstrated leader with fantastic communication skills and a passion to create a best-in-class service experience. This person will oversee Customer Service for the Stumptown e-commerce and direct-to-consumer channels.
- Hire, train, supervise and mentor team of Customer Support Associates
- Consistently deliver an exceptional consumer experience. Develop innovative ways to evolve experience with changing needs of business.
- Serve as point person for all customers via phone, email, social media platforms, and live chat
- Answer customer queries around a range of topics to include coffee, gear, brew methods, e-commerce orders and more
- Quickly and thoroughly resolve customer concerns
- Lead and oversee fulfillment of daily e-commerce orders. Work closely with external shipping carriers and internal departments to shape process for business growth.
- Identify opportunities to continually improve team processes and procedures
- Partner with e-commerce and production teams to improve the online customer experience
- Attend regular coffee trainings, cuppings and brew demonstrations to maintain up-to-date expertise on Stumptown offerings, products and brew techniques
- Other duties as assigned
- Team of 2+ Customer Support Associates
- Demonstrated passion and enthusiasm for coffee and desire to share it with others
- 5 years experience working in a Customer Service or hospitality environment
- 2 years prior management experience required
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Empathetic, friendly, can-do attitude
- Poised under pressure, ability to think on your feet
- Consistent attention to detail
- Ability to multitask; ability to manage and prioritize daily and weekly tasks
- Experience with MS Office, Google Apps other basic computer applications
- Experience with NetSuite, e-commerce platforms, social media platforms, point of sale platforms is a plus
- Ability to sit continuously at a computer
- Able to lift up to 5 pounds frequently and up to 25 pounds occasionally
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Work is performed in Corporate HQ in Portland, OR
- The noise level is moderate but can be loud at times
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.