Stumptown Coffee Roasters believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. Creating a sustainable workplace is at the core of who we are. We’ve worked hard to create a great place to work and are proud of the results. We’re not perfect, but being open to ideas and continually improving things has always been a fundamental part of how we work. We’re the kind of workplace where each of us works hard, has fun and contributes a lot. We value each individual here and feel that everyone plays an important part in making Stumptown… Stumptown, which is our foundation for growing a successful business.
The Assistant Shipping Lead will work directly with the Shipping Lead at our New York roastery in Red Hook, ensuring that volume demands are met accurately and in an efficient manner, daily. As a member of our shipping team, the ideal candidate would have an intense focus to detail and be able to meet the strenuous physical demands of our workload as we continue to grow in the region.
- Coordinate daily orders with office and other members of the shipping team
- Accountability for all orders leaving facility
- Scoop and prepare bags by hand prior to packing orders
- Handle inventory management of packing supplies; keep pars
- Assist FedEx delivery drivers and maintain positive relationships established
- Facilitate add-ons throughout week, ensuring orders don’t slip through cracks
- Communicate effectively across departments, keeping all in loop as tasks are completed
- Assist with unloading and stocking merchandise in an efficient and orderly manner
- Lift up to 50 pounds on a daily basis
- Other duties as assigned
- Assist Shipping Lead with overseeing employees
- Demonstrated passion and enthusiasm for coffee
- Working knowledge of material handling methods
- Self-starter in a fast paced, non-traditional work environment
- Willingness to learn from mistakes to grow and enhance skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize daily and weekly tasks
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Hospitality and customer service focus
- Familiarity with MS Office, Google Apps and other organizational computer tools
- Carry weight, lift – frequently moves materials weighing up to 50 pounds
- Stooping. Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist
- Work is performed in the NY Roastery
- The work environment can be noisy
- Temperatures can be variable in the work area
Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.