Stumptown Coffee Roasters believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. Creating a sustainable workplace is at the core of who we are. We’ve worked hard to create a great place to work and are proud of the results. We’re not perfect, but being open to ideas and continually improving things has always been a fundamental part of how we work. We’re the kind of workplace where each of us works hard, has fun and contributes a lot. We value each individual here and feel that everyone plays an important part in making Stumptown… Stumptown, which is our foundation for growing a successful business.
The Warehouse Supply Manager will oversee ordering, receiving, and distribution of all warehouse merchandise and supplies, including managing vendor relationship and maintaining inventory. This position works with our Roasting Department by assisting with the receiving of green coffee. Works closely with West Coast supply team, Production, Service, Roasting and Cold Brew to improve and streamline the inventory control process.
- Act as key contact for all facilities matters in NY
- Prepare BOL’s for shipment of freight
- Maintain weekly inventory levels and pars for all items in warehouse
- Responsible for inventory counts and shipping & receiving in ERP
- Coordinate and balance the inventory and supply needs of various departments
- Fulfill intercompany and wholesale orders from warehouse
- Check incoming merchandise against receiving tickets, packing slips, or BOL
- Assist with unloading and stocking merchandise in an efficient and orderly manner
- Manage vendor relationships for all non-coffee merchandise and supplies
- Oversee movement of all merchandise (receiving and distribution)
- Create electronic purchase orders and receive against them as goods arrive
- Assist with receiving green coffee inventory
- Lift up to 70 pounds on a daily basis
- Other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated passion and enthusiasm for coffee
- Experience with inventory protocols and systems
- Working knowledge of material handling methods
- Management experience preferred
- Self-starter in a fast paced, non-traditional work environment
- Willingness to learn from mistakes to grow and enhance skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize daily and weekly tasks
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Hospitality and customer service focus
- Familiarity with MS Office, Google Apps and other organizational computer tools
- Carry weight, lift – frequently moves materials weighing up to 70 pounds
- Stooping. Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist
- Work is performed in the NY Warehouse
- The work environment can be noisy
- Temperatures can be variable in the work area
Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.