Stumptown Coffee Roasters believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. Creating a sustainable workplace is at the core of who we are. We’ve worked hard to create a great place to work and are proud of the results. We’re not perfect, but being open to ideas and continually improving things has always been a fundamental part of how we work. We’re the kind of workplace where each of us works hard, has fun and contributes a lot. We value each individual here and feel that everyone plays an important part in making Stumptown… Stumptown, which is our foundation for growing a successful business.
Build and leverage wholesale operations in the Mid-Atlantic markets. Working as part of our roasting operation and team, this position involves pursuing new wholesale business across a variety of channels. Work closely with the Sales Team and also fulfill sales goals by pursuing targeted opportunities in select geographic areas.
- Day to day sales and account visits
- Maintain a priority based schedule for meeting with prospective customers
- Accountable for targeted quarterly and yearly sales by market and channel
- Organize and maintain key initiatives around opportunities, targets and geographies
- Manage and fulfill key account needs
- Develop a firm understanding of products and services offered and demonstrate this understanding in the sales process
- Follow the Stumptown sales cycle from prospect to new account to roll-out
- Cold call the Stumptown way, be able to represent the company in any situation
- General enthusiasm for selling our coffee
- Effectively manage new prospect meetings and appointments
- Demonstrate ability to prescreen and select wholesale customers
- Sell and manage espresso equipment with wholesale customers
- Hold regular coffee tastings, including cuppings and drip tastings
- Ensure coffee quality among accounts through hands-on bar skills and coffee knowledge
- Improve Stumptown’s customer relationships
- Other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated passion and enthusiasm for coffee
- Experience with markets, channels and geography preferred
- Demonstrated ability to deliver customer service the Stumptown way
- Experience and proficiency with Stumptown espresso preparation standards
- Desire to educate others about our coffees and espresso methods
- Ability to manage and prioritize daily and weekly tasks
- Basic technical aptitude or willingness to learn equipment details
- Basic understanding of fundamental financial concepts
- Valid driver’s license, a clean driving record and a reliable vehicle
- Ability to sit continuously at a computer
- Able to lift up to 5 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds occasionally
- Work is performed in the designated market and surrounding areas
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.