Stumptown Coffee Roasters believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. Creating a sustainable workplace is at the core of who we are. We’ve worked hard to create a great place to work and are proud of the results. We’re not perfect, but being open to ideas and continually improving things has always been a fundamental part of how we work. We’re the kind of workplace where each of us works hard, has fun and contributes a lot. We value each individual here and feel that everyone plays an important part in making Stumptown….Stumptown, which is our foundation for growing a successful business.
Support our commitment to exceptional customer service. This full time position will work closely with the Wholesale team, Production and others in an ever-expanding retail market to ensure that our grocery accounts are receiving an exceptional level of customer service. The ideal candidate will create positive and lasting relationships with our vendors, catering to the needs of store owners and managers at each store to fulfill specific requests. The position will require multi-tasking, confidence in dealing with a variety of personalities and helping different departments ensure that quality standards are being maintained at each store.
- Key point of contact for all delivery, ordering and fulfillment matters for grocery accounts
- Communicate regularly and effectively with Customer Support, Production, Sales and management teams
- Coordinate and negotiate optimal shelf placement with buyers
- Fulfill grocery coffee orders with precision, including direct merchandising, placing orders for accounts and managing pars
- Help manage and perform demos among all grocery accounts across the channel of business, including whole bean (drip) and Cold Brew tastings with the public; work according to prioritized demo schedule and engage other team members accordingly to fulfill
- Check in with accounts on non-scheduled delivery days; proactive resolution of issues
- Establish systems and lay the groundwork for customer-service standards during our expansion in grocery markets
- Communicate with customers in a positive and supportive manner on the road, day-to-day, and on behalf of Stumptown
- Provide multiple accuracy checks of customer orders for roasted coffee
- Deliver coffee to wholesale customers and retail cafes
- Maintain and support vendor relationships across all grocery accounts
- Other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated passion and enthusiasm for coffee
- Strong customer service attitude and professional approach
- Concentrated attention to detail and quality
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Candidate must have a reliable vehicle as job may require use of personal vehicle (mileage compensation)
- Ability to prioritize and manage daily and weekly tasks
- Ability to speak with authority on our coffee offerings
- Work cross-functionally as part of a large or small project team
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Ability to continuously stand or walk
- Ability to bend, climb stairs, and lift frequently
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds frequently
- Ability to squat frequently
- Work is performed in many locations in the New York market
- May encounter noise levels as the job is performed in various locations
- Work will be mostly conducted in retail establishments
Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.