Stumptown Coffee Roasters believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. Creating a sustainable workplace is at the core of who we are. We’ve worked hard to create a great place to work and are proud of the results. We’re not perfect, but being open to ideas and continually improving things has always been a fundamental part of how we work. We’re the kind of workplace where each of us works hard, has fun and contributes a lot. We value each individual here and feel that everyone plays an important part in making Stumptown….Stumptown, which is our foundation for growing a successful business.
This position will involve welcoming customers to the headquarters of Stumptown and setting the tone for the building. The Annex serves as reception, retail sales for equipment and whole bean coffee, and as a venue to have in-depth conversations with our customers. The Annex exists to build enthusiasm for quality coffee and to share the story of the relationships that make that quality possible.
● Welcome guests to our HQ and make them feel comfortable
● Accurately and professionally talk about our coffees with customers and ask for help if needed
● Lead cuppings and tastings in a thorough, professional manner that clearly tells the story of our coffees and inspires customers with varying levels of coffee knowledge
● Assist with café maintenance, including projects, chores and general upkeep
● Attend meetings and communicate effectively with management
● Maintain extensive coffee knowledge; know origins and stories of coffees available; know how to brew coffee using all devices we carry; stay informed of industry trends
● Other duties as assigned
● No direct reports.
● Strong public speaking skills
● Demonstrated passion for hospitality and customer service
● Desire to educate others about our coffee
● Demonstrated passion and enthusiasm for coffee
● Great communication skills both with coworkers and customers
● Problem solving and multitasking ability
● Willingness to contribute in a team environment
● Understanding of Stumptown’s position as a quality-oriented and customer focused company
● Flexible and adaptable to change
● Familiarity with MS Office, spreadsheets, Google Docs and other computer tools
● Stand and walk – must be able to stand for shifts and move about the café
● Use of hands – operate manual brewing devices
● Taste/Smell – ability to detect and perceive smell of coffee
● Talk/hear – frequently communicates with customers
● Work is performed in the Portland headquarters
● The work environment can be noisy
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.