Stumptown Coffee Roasters believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. Creating a sustainable workplace is at the core of who we are. We’ve worked hard to create a great place to work and are proud of the results. We’re not perfect, but being open to ideas and continually improving things has always been a fundamental part of how we work. We’re the kind of workplace where each of us works hard, has fun and contributes a lot. We value each individual here and feel that everyone plays an important part in making Stumptown… Stumptown, which is our foundation for growing a successful business.
Provide leadership to café employees and direct retail operations in our Pine Cafe. Work directly with the retail team, manage the café, and communicate with all company departments in order to provide an unsurpassed coffee experience. Our cafes are showrooms for wholesale and our living rooms for the world to enjoy their coffee.
- Create an exceptional coffee experience and be a coffee industry leader
- Lead and direct the business activities of the café
- Serve as the voice and the face of Stumptown
- Manage inventory and all monetary transactions
- Ensure quality by proper training of all café employees
- Attend regular meetings with the general manager and training manager
- Conduct staff meetings with café personnel on a regular basis
- Maintain café maintenance and cleanliness
- Educate customers on all of our products
- Maintain high quality and consistent product standards
- Cup and taste coffee regularly to maintain familiarity with product and quality standards
- Stay informed of new coffee availability and attributes
- Other duties as assigned
- Manage café employees
- Demonstrated passion and enthusiasm for coffee
- Customer service that is executed in a personal and professional manner
- Experience and proficiency with Stumptown espresso preparation standards
- Desire to educate others about our coffee and espresso methods
- People management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Great communication skills with both employees and customers
- Open to criticism and constantly striving to improve
- Ability to multi-task with ease
- Stand and walk – must be able to stand for shifts and move about the café
- Use of hands – operate espresso machinery
- Taste/Smell – ability to detect and perceive smell of coffee
- Talk/hear – frequently communicates with customers
- Work is performed at the Seattle cafe
- The work environment can be noisy
Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.