Stumptown Coffee Roasters believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this position profile is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications and job scope, but not limit the incumbent nor the organization to just the work identified. It is our expectation that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors.
The primary purpose of this position is to develop direct source relationships with our producing partners around the world. This role will work with the green coffee team to expand and manage supply chain relationships, assist in quality control at origin as well as support and communicate the buying practices and sustainability principles that the Stumptown sourcing program is based upon.
Key Results and Activities include, but are not limited to:
- Build and maintain strong relationships with Stumptown coffee producers at origin
- Support in creating innovative sourcing practices to ensure consistently increasing quality in coffee supply
- Perform audits on coffee buying criteria
- Assist the Green Coffee Team with forecasting, distribution and placement to our roasteries and quality control cupping
- Provide source trip information to Coffee Information Team for distribution to all of Stumptown Coffee and our customers
- Assist with development of social media, photography and content generation from origin
- Cupping at origin to assess quality levels
- Assist in pricing discussions and cost of production analyses for all origin countries
- Work with development partners to enhance support for producers
- Travel extensively with up to 50% of time spent in field
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in international development or business
- Excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrated passion and enthusiasm for coffee and sustainability
- Strong language skills, including second language aptitude (Spanish, Portuguese, French and/or Swahili)
- Detail-oriented and methodical
- Flexibility with travel to ensure project success
- Basic understanding of the coffee roasting process
- Agronomy training and agricultural experience a strong plus
- Logistics and supply chain experience a strong plus
- Familiarity with multiple technology platforms, including Microsoft Office, Mac OS, Google Apps, etc.
- Pay commensurate with experience
- Health benefits after three full months of employment
To be considered, please email your resume and cover to Adam McClellan no later than May 15, 2014.