Stumptown Coffee Roasters believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. Creating a sustainable workplace is at the core of who we are. We’ve worked hard to create a great place to work and are proud of the results. We’re not perfect, but being open to ideas and continually improving things has always been a fundamental part of how we work. We’re the kind of workplace where each of us works hard, has fun and contributes a lot. We value each individual here and feel that everyone plays an important part in making Stumptown… Stumptown, which is our foundation for growing a successful business.
Support IT for all locations in Oregon, Washington, California and New York, with primary emphasis on supporting the New York sites. Work with a secure WAN through a mix of Provider Managed MPLS and Cisco terminated site to site VPN connections. Support a server environment that is primarily Windows Server technology with desktops a mix of PC and Mac, as well as mobile devices such as iPhone and iPad. Provide support to employees via Help Desk, which concentrates on the overall integrity of the network, server/application deployment, security and ensuring network connectivity throughout the company’s LAN/WAN infrastructure.
- Maintenance and administration of servers, desktop and laptop computers, printers, routers, access points, switches, firewalls, phones, tablets and smartphones; some Point of Sale equipment
- Software deployment and policy development and implementation
- Server uptime, automated notifications of reliability issues, troubleshooting, maintaining and monitoring
- Authoring and updating end-user and internal documentation, scheduling and hosting training sessions for Stumptown staff and regular follow up with areas/department on their needs
- No direct reports
- Verifiable experience, education, or certifications sufficient to demonstrate required proficiency at job tasks
- General knowledge of Microsoft server products
- Some familiarity with Cisco routers and switches
- Knowledge of network security threats and available technology to combat them
- Basic knowledge of telephone and telecommunications systems both wired and wireless
- Demonstrated passion and enthusiasm for coffee
- Exposure to virtualization, specifically VMware and vSphere preferred
- Experience with Atlassian JIRA or other ticketing platforms desirable
- Prefer solid understanding of disaster recovery best practices and business continuity
- Basic knowledge of multi-point video conferencing desired
- Experience supporting customer driven retail environments preferred
- Results oriented
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Solid communication and collaboration skills
- Positive, proactive attitude
- Willingness to work shifts required to maintain business continuity
- Able and willing to work weekends as needed
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position fifty percent of the time
- Must be able to move about inside the office to access office machinery
- Constantly operates a computer
- May be required to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally and be able to bend, crawl, stretch and climb as needed to access computer equipment
- Must be able to climb a ladder and work at ceiling level
- Work is performed mainly in Brooklyn, NY office
Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.