Stumptown Coffee Roasters believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. Creating a sustainable workplace is at the core of who we are. We’ve worked hard to create a great place to work and are proud of the results. We’re not perfect, but being open to ideas and continually improving things has always been a fundamental part of how we work. We’re the kind of workplace where each of us works hard, has fun and contributes a lot. We value each individual here and feel that everyone plays an important part in making Stumptown… Stumptown, which is our foundation for growing a successful business.
Coffee professional to work in wholesale account management and coffee education. Will provide unparalleled coffee education and hospitality through ongoing hands-on training and expert guidance. Work closely with wholesale customers through direct training and education.
- Establish and strengthen relationships with wholesale customers
- Deliver unparalleled coffee education and hospitality to wholesale customers through direct training and training program implementation
- Assist with sales related meetings, community events and coffee tastings as needed
- Develop solutions that improve coffee service quality in multiple settings
- Maintain an efficient, effective, and prioritized work schedule through regular communication with the Stumptown wholesale team
- Provide consistent and timely turnaround for training requests and customer needs
- Cup and taste coffee regularly to maintain familiarity with product and quality standards
- Stay informed of industry trends and new products related to coffee and espresso preparation
- Other duties as assigned
- At least 3-5 years of coffee industry experience
- Demonstrated passion and enthusiasm for coffee
- Positive attitude and an ability to work independently while still part of a team
- Thorough knowledge of coffee origins, processing methods, and buying practices
- Excellent barista skills, including both coffee preparation and customer service
- Confident public speaker
- Professional and effective communicator
- Excellent time management skills
- Flexibility in scheduling; holiday and weekends are sometimes required
- Willingness to travel and maximize the value of trips
- Highly motivated
- Confidence and fluency with computer and mobile devices
- Carry weight, lift – frequently moves materials weighing up to 50 pounds
- Taste/Smell – ability to detect and perceive smell of coffee
- Standing – ability to stand for long periods
- Work is performed in various locations
- The work environment can be noisy
- Temperatures can be variable in the work area
Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.