Job Title: Assistant Manager, Wholesale Customer Support
Locations: Brooklyn, New York
Reports to: Wholesale Customer Support Manager
Stumptown Coffee Roasters believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. Creating a sustainable workplace is at the core of who we are. We’ve worked hard to create a great place to work and are proud of the results. We’re not perfect, but being open to ideas and continually improving things has always been a fundamental part of how we work. We’re the kind of workplace where each of us works hard, has fun and contributes a lot.
Stumptown is looking for a dynamic individual to join our East Coast Wholesale crew in the role of Assistant Manager of the Wholesale Customer Support team. Every day we strive to deliver of the highest level of customer service and support to our customers. The Wholesale Customer Support team is the central hub for communication to our east coast customer base, and a critical part of our business. We seek a demonstrated leader with fantastic communication skills and a passion to create a superlative customer experience. This person will oversee the daily support interface with Stumptown’s east coast customers, ensure orders are fulfilled and customer needs are met in a timely manner, and assist in managing the team of Wholesale Customer Support representatives.
- Supervise and mentor the team of Wholesale Customer Support representatives
- Oversee the interface between our customers and the East Coast Wholesale team
- Consistently deliver an exceptional customer experience. Develop innovative ways to evolve experience with changing needs of business.
- Ensure team communicates as the voice of Stumptown to all wholesales customers, and quickly and thoroughly resolves customer concerns
- Lead and oversee fulfillment of daily wholesale orders. Work closely with systems and related departments to shape process for business growth.
- Collaborate with Account Management, Roasting, Production, and Accounts Receivable teams to ensure order and customer experience needs are met
- Assist Account Managers, Sales, and Trainers in addressing and prioritizing wholesale accounts needs and issues
- Identify opportunities to continually improve team processes and procedures, and coordinate Wholesale Customer Support team training needs
- Update and maintain wholesale customer contact data and documentation
- Assist in creating and maintaining reports that inform cross-functional team projects
- Other duties as assigned
- Support Wholesale Customer Support Manager by assisting with supervision of a team of three.
- Previous management experience required
- Customer service or hospitality experience preferred
- Empathetic, positive, can-do attitude
- Calm demeanor under pressure or high volume situations
- Strong organization skills and consistent attention to detail
- Exceptional time management skills
- Eagerness to take initiative and lead
- Demonstrated passion and enthusiasm for coffee
- Experience working cross-functionally as part of a large or small project team
- Competency in MS Office, Google apps, and other basic computer applications
- Familiarity with order-processing programs (ex: NetSuite) a plus
- Weekend availability
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Ability to sit continuously at a computer
- Ability to lift up to 5 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds occasionally
- Work is performed in the East Coast office in Brooklyn, NY
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com. In the subject of your email, please include the job title and location to which you are applying.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.