Stumptown is looking for a killer candidate to be a Field Service Manager in the NYC area.
- Strong customer service skills, and the ability to maintain good rapport with customers
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Computer literate with experience in MS Office and various accounting software
- Strong logic and reasoning skills
- Great communication skills
- A great attitude and professional demeanor
- Specialty coffee background and experience is a plus
- Working knowledge of electromechanical system repairs and installation
- Willingness to travel, sometimes nationally to perform installs with new major accounts or special events
- Manages the field service personnel who perform on-site routine services including installation, maintenance, and repair.
- Oversees scheduling and training of field service representatives. Responsibilities also include handling service contracts and directing support services. May require a bachelor’s degree in area of specialty and/ or at least 5 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Leads and directs the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Reports to the Director of Field Service and to the Director of Operations.
- Service existing accounts by analyzing work orders, planning daily travel schedule, investigating complaints, conducting tests, scheduling and performing preventative maintenance, and resolving problems.
- Service new accounts by performing preinstall site scopes, gathering components and parts, and completing installations.
- Maintains rapport with customers by examining complaints, identifying solutions, suggesting improved methods and techniques, and recommending system improvements.
- Maintain rapport and communication with all departments within Stumptown by keeping them informed of all service issues related to their particular department job functions (sales, retail, etc.)
- Determine whether issues are entirely technical issues vs. training or technique and relay all non-technical problems to the proper department for correction if necessary.
- Keep personal equipment, vans, etc. operating by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, maintaining supplies, performing preventive maintenance, calling for repairs.
- Document service and installation actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications.
- Pay commensurate with experience.
- Health beneﬁts after three full months of employment.
- Performance based reviews consistent with all Stumptown schedule.
If interested please email a resume and cover letter to Alex.