Stumptown Coffee Roasters believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this position profile is designed to outline essential functions, qualifications and job duties, but not limit the incumbent nor the organization to just the work identified. It is our expectation that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors.
The Human Resources Generalist will work closely with Stumptown leadership and management teams to further Stumptown’s support of its people in all Human Resources matters.
- Maintain and grow organization by facilitating the hiring process for all departments and markets. This includes writing job descriptions and job postings, managing applicant communications and participating in interviews and salary negotiations.
- Prepare employees for assignments by establishing and conducting orientation and training programs to support the culture.
- Support and educate employees on all details of the Employee Handbook and answer employee questions as they relate to policy.
- Ensure legal compliance by maintaining complete and accurate employee files, documentation and checklists. Keep internal and third party employee related databases current.
- Handle all unemployment claims, Cobra transitions, and worker’s compensation claims.
- Maintain a company-wide, compliant job description catalog.
- Support and provide input to Stumptown management in support of the Annual Performance/Pay review process.
- Provide inputs to the annual budget and headcount analysis. Ability to research and explain monthly variances as needed.
- Leverage existing payroll operations and engage benefits support team.
- Enhance existing benefits program with better communication to staff and new hires, ensuring their understanding of the benefits provided to them.
- Research and propose benefit enhancements that comply with current budget.
- No direct reports.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years of Human Resource Experience or at least 7 years in the HR field.
- PHR or SPHR certification strongly preferred.
- High degree of confidentiality.
- Benefits administration experience in a growing company strongly desired.
- Performance management experience in a growing, dynamic company strongly desired.
- Proficiency in MS Office, particularly Excel.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to integrate and work directly with multiple teams and managers within Stumptown.
- Flexibility and comfort in a variety of environments and settings.
- Understanding of Stumptown’s position as a quality-oriented and growth focused company.
- Demonstrated passion and enthusiasm for coffee.
- Results oriented.
- Flexible and adaptable to change.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position fifty percent of the time.
- Must be able to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer.
- Frequent communication with employees who have policy or benefits questions.
- May be required to lift up to 20 pounds occasionally.
- Work is performed mainly in Corporate HQ in Portland, OR
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com.