Position: Sales Representative/Account Manager NYC/East Coast
Start Date: As soon as available
Time Requirements: Full Time
Stumptown is seeking experienced sales representatives to build and leverage our wholesale operations in NYC and along the East Coast. These sales representatives will be working regionally as part of a national team and will involve pursuing new wholesale business across a variety of channels and settings. In addition to working closely with the rest of the Stumptown sales/wholesale teams, these individuals will be expected to help fulfill Stumptown’s sales goals by pursuing targeted opportunities in select geographic areas, including but not limited to New York City, Washington DC, Boston, and Philadelphia. We are excited to add new members to our tight knit team who are passionate about coffee and building relationships within our industry and beyond.
Primary responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Reporting to sales team on a regular basis and presenting updates on activities.
- Assisting with new customer roll outs.
- Having a firm understanding of overall products and services offered and demonstrating this daily in the sales process.
- Experience and proficiency with Stumptown espresso/brew preparation standards.
- Working knowledge of espresso/brew equipment.
- Holding regular coffee tastings, including cuppings and brewing demos.
- Demonstrated passion and enthusiasm for coffee.
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Strong team oriented individuals who understand how to work within a dynamic work environment.
- Strong project management skills are required.
- Business minded individual with strong relationships within the industry.
- Experience with NYC, East Coast markets, channels and geography preferred.
- A solid understanding of the hospitality industry.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver customer service the “Stumptown way”.
- Desire to educate others about our coffees and brewing methods.
- Ability to manage and prioritize daily and weekly tasks.
- Proficiency with calendar and time management tools.
- Problem solving skills.
- Basic technical aptitude or strong willingness to learn coffee equipment details.
- Basic financial fundamentals, including basic books and record keeping.
- Familiarity with Keynote/Powerpoint, Excel, Quickbooks, MS Office, Google Apps and other basic computer tools.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license along with clean driving record. Access to a vehicle on a daily basis necessary. Mileage reimbursed.
- Starting salary commensurate with experience.
- Full health benefits after three full months of employment.
- Annual, performance reviews consistent with All Stumptown schedule.
Please contact email@example.com with a cover letter and resume no later than Wednesday November 6, 2013.